Building networks and know-how.
Western Canada is ready for innovative co-operative business solutions unique to the changing needs of rural and Indigenous communities.
The creation of a new co-operative business requires business capacity, social/market capacity, a well-defined need not being met and awareness of the co-operative business model.
Our Build product is a work in progress, but will include tools and training that supports and increases business, community and economic development professionals understanding of the co-operative business model.
How we can help:
Here are a few ways we can help with tools, training and group meeting facilitation:
• Co-operative business model basic training
• Access to print and online training, facilitation, development and legal tools and supplies
• Capacity and expertise
• Facilitated meetings
• Support for logistics and knowledge management
• Mediation of differing opinions
• Pathfinding between ideas and communities
• Exploration and innovation for community-led ideas and solutions
• A deep knowledge of business, community and economic development
• An even deeper knowledge of the co-operative business model
• A network of specialists, financing partners and business, community and economic development professionals
Co-operatives First is a privately funded entity. We do not charge for our services and will do our best to limit any foreseen group or community costs related to our participation.