Creating a co-operative business.
Western Canada is ready for innovative co-operative business solutions unique to the changing needs of rural and Indigenous communities.
The creation of a new co-operative business requires business capacity, social/market capacity, a well-defined need not being met and awareness of the co-operative business model.
Our Create phase is designed to help provide a thorough understanding of the right business solution for your unique situation and outline the steps towards a viable business model.
Co-operatives First works with you.
We work with you to understand:
• Which co-operative business model is right for your situation
• Best governance structure suited to the situation
• Business planning
• Financing options
• The pathway to a proper feasibility study
• Operational structure of the business
What we offer:
• Facilitated meetings
• Support for logistics and knowledge management
• Mediation of differing opinions
• Pathfinding between ideas and communities
• Exploration and innovation for community-led ideas and solutions
• A deep knowledge of business, community and economic development
• An even deeper knowledge of the co-operative business model
• A network of specialists, financing partners and business, community and economic development professionals
Co-operatives First is a privately funded entity. We do not charge for our services and will do our best to limit any foreseen group or community costs related to our participation.