Helping your business thrive.
Western Canada is ready for innovative co-operative business solutions unique to the changing needs of rural and Indigenous communities.
The creation of a new co-operative business requires business capacity, social/market capacity, a well-defined need not being met and awareness of the co-operative business model.
Our Thrive phase includes tools to increase business performance.
A few ways we can help include:
Co-operatives First provides training for board and employees. Topics could include: co-operative business model training for board members and employees; governance reviews; business positioning; and member-owner engagement strategies.
Co-operatives First facilitates a community meeting to ensure the business aligns with and is serving the needs of the community.
Co-operative business community check-in.
Co-operatives First facilitates a regional meeting of co-operative business leaders in your region. Comparing successes and challenges is a good way to assess your business performance and opportunities for improvement.
What we offer:
• Facilitated meetings
• Support for logistics and knowledge management
• Mediation of differing opinions
• Pathfinding between ideas and communities
• Exploration and innovation for community-led ideas and solutions
• A deep knowledge of business, community and economic development
• An even deeper knowledge of the co-operative business model
• A network of specialists, financing partners and business, community and economic development professionals
Co-operatives First is a privately funded entity. We do not charge for our services and will do our best to limit any foreseen group or community costs related to our participation.